Students and lecturers kindly want to you invite you to the Opening-Ceremony of the 3rd DuEMUN-Conference “Conflicts in Sudan, International Talks with North Korea (DPRK), Protection of Human Rights while Countering Terrorism”.
Time: Thursday, 5th July 2007, 17.00 o´clock
Room: SG 135, Geibelstr. 41, 47057 Duisburg
Reception: at 16.30 o´clock, Opening of the Conference: 17.00 o´clock
At the Confernce, which will last 3 days, 65 Students of the the University of Duisburg-Essen and Students from the Palestinian Autonomy area (Birzeit and Ramallah), from Egypt (Alexandria), from Pakistan (Lahore) and from Afghanistan (Kabul and Kandahar) will take part. As Ambassadors in the Security Council and in the United Nations Human Rights Council they will deal with the topic of the conference.
Following Guests of Honour will welcome the delegates at the Opening Ceremony, beginning at 17.00 o´clock
- Prof. Dr. Lothar Zechlin (Founding-President of the University of Duisburg-Essen),
- Doris Janicki (Mayoress of the town Duisburg),
- Brigadier Achim Lidsba (Commander of the Tank Brigade 14 and former Commander of the German ISAF-Cntingent),
- Dr. Helga Baumgarten (Head of the DAAD Bureau in Jerusalem and DAAD-Professor at the University Birzeit/Westbank) and
- Prof. Muhammad Hafeez (Director of the Institute of Social and Cultural Studies, University of Punjab/Pakistan.
Moderation: Prof. Dr. Tobias Debiel
Afterwards, between 17.45 and 19.30 h,Ambassador El-Orabi, Brigadier Achim Lidsba and PD Dr. Jochen Hippler will discuss with the delegates the topics “UN Missions and violence-conflicts” and “Perspectives of the civil-military cooperation in Afghanistan and other crises regions”.