The III. Duisburg-Essen Model United Nations Conference was opened yesterday – this time bigger than in the last years and even more international: Students from Palistine, Egypt, Afghanista and Pakistan are participating at this conference. DuEMUN therefore becomes more than a “learnin-by-doing” experience, but to a project of international cooperation.
The folowing greetings were held at the Opening Ceremony:
- Prof. Dr. Lothar Zechlin (Founding-President of the University of Duisburg-Essen),
- Prof. Dr. Ferhard Bäcker (Dean of the Faculty of Social Sciences)
- Doris Janicki (Mayoress of the town Duisburg),
- Dr. Helga Baumgarten (Head of the DAAD Bureau in Jerusalem and DAAD-Professor at the University Birzeit/Westbank) and
- Prof. Muhammad Hafeez (Director of the Institute of Social and Cultural Studies, University of Punjab/Pakistan.Captain Christian Ross (CMember of the German ISAF-Contingent 06/2005-12/2005; Referent of Brigadier-General Achim Lidsba (ISAF – Commander 2005/2006).
The event was moderated by Prof. Dr. Tobias Debiel.